Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I have a question about tipping a hair stylist?

My wife just got her hair cut by a stylist and she paid 60 dollars, then she tipped her 10. Its been a week and she is unhappy with her hair. She called and they will re-cut it at no charge. They said it's included in the price. Does she have to re-tip her? If so, how much.I have a question about tipping a hair stylist?
I think it would be kind of polite. Maybe another ten dollar tip just for good measure.I have a question about tipping a hair stylist?
Thanks, uhm.. paying thirteen dollars for a haircut? That's probably what the proffessional scissors cost. SHH.

Report Abuse



No, she doesn't have to re tip her! They should give a full refund including the tip if the cut can't be fixed------------and I can't believe anyone would pay $60.00 for a haircut! We only charged $13.00 for a haircut. You could get a perm or color and a haircut plus a style for $60.00!
although i dont think another tip is needed, however if your wife wants to she could tip a lesser amount. Maybe 5 dollars? but to be honest the lady is just fixing the misstake she made in the first place and if the hair stylest would have done the cut right the first time then there would be no need to return to have it fixed!





TO THE GIRL ABOVE ME ^^^^^^^^





13 dollar hair cuts usually are the ones you STAY CLEAR OF. i paid over 150 for a trim and color. you get what you pay for ( however in this case maybe the lady was new or just having an off day)





lol 13 dollar hair cuts..thats funny. My boyfriends haircuts cost more than that.
depends you only tip if your happy with the style she shouldn't have tipped the first women but if she likes it the second time then yeah but not as much you give a couple dollars
I don't think you should tip her! She gets enough money.
No, I don't think your wife should have to tip her again. She tipped the stylist the first time. If the stylist is going to fix it to your wife's satisfaction, no tip necessary.
NO absolutly not! In fact she should not have tipped in the first place if she was not satisfied with her cut.
I was in the same situation not too long ago. When I went back for the second cut I did tip the stylist because I was very satsfied with the result. Remeber, tips are just that, a bonus given to the stylist when a customer is happy with the result, it's no different than tipping at a resturant. If you're not happy, don't tip....if you are, go for it
I do think she should re-tip her especially if she is getting cut, wash, and styled. I do not think she/he should tip more than 15% the second time around. I would recommend 5-10%.
ur not supposed to even tip unless u got a money tree in ur back yard

No comments:

Post a Comment