Saturday, January 23, 2010

How do you find a good hair stylist?

My hair needs a change. I have long hair and I was hoping to go for a shorter, layered look.. but I don't want to just walk into any random BoRics (no offense if you work there.) My hair is really thick and wavy so when I style it, it always turns out fried and poofy as hell. So half the time I end up throwing my hair in a bun anyway (which i need to rid myself of that terrible habit. Who wears their hair in buns?!..besides librarians!)





So basically I need a shorter hairstyle (that I can still throw up in a pony) but that is easy to style so I don't need to straighten my entire head.How do you find a good hair stylist?
i have no idea - but i have the same problem. i wear my hair in buns all the time. i'm going to keep an eye on your question so I can see the answers. Thanks for asking.How do you find a good hair stylist?
Ask your friends where they have their hair done, and look for photos in catalogs, magazines and online of hairstyles you like. I also ask people out in public where they go, if I really like their hair. Call several different salons and ask about free consultations. Go to a couple before you have anything done. If you like one of them, have your hair trimmed just in your regular style so you're not making a big commitment. You can also just have your hair washed and styled, but not trimmed. Then if you feel good about it, make an appt. for a cut and show the stylist your photos.





Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment