Thursday, January 21, 2010

How much do I tip my hair stylist?

I go to the same lady every time, and she is great with my hair. I'm just confused about how much should I tip her. I usually get a trim, sometimes I do highlights. Do I tip her based on what she's doing, or how long she spends on my hair? Is the tip based on how much my haircut costs? Please tell me what's appropriate!How much do I tip my hair stylist?
10-20% of the cost before taxes or discounts of the service is the norm. Some people will tip more if they're especially happy with the results. However, tipping is not necessary if the owner of the salon is doing your hair because they usually calculate the tip into the cost of the service, but some people will anyway.





Things to take into consideration when tipping:


did you get the results you expected?


was she polite?


did she pay attention to her work?


was the salon/her work station sanitary?





If the answer to any of these q is no, then you are under no obligation to tip.How much do I tip my hair stylist?
My stylist does different things depending on what I need done when I am there. I usually tip him the same, $15 dollars. I have been known to be more generous and I gift him at the Holidays. The tip should be appropriate to what they have done for you, the cost and if they have done a little ';extra'; at no charge.
i always tip based on how good someone is. so if you keep going back she must be good. i would then tip on what all she does. a trim wouldnt get that much of a tip unless it took forever to do because you kept changing your mind. highlights take longer. it's a mixture of everything but it should be at least 10-15 perccent
I also go to the same lady every time and I usually tip her anywhere from $5-$10 depending on what she did to my hair.
15-20% of the bill before taxes or discounts is what is expected.
15% of the total cost and if you really like her toss on an extra 5 bucks
why would you tip her if you already paid her?????????

No comments:

Post a Comment