Saturday, January 23, 2010

I'm a hair stylist that works in a busy salon, and I'm 7 weeks pregnant. Is this okay to work?

I cut and color hair, (mostly cuts). I heard all kinds of answers from people with no experience in either hairdressing nor mommies, I would love to hear what people in these fields have to say. Though all answers appreciated, experiences would be better.I'm a hair stylist that works in a busy salon, and I'm 7 weeks pregnant. Is this okay to work?
my mom was a hair sylist when she was pregnant with me. she colored hair and i turned out fine.I'm a hair stylist that works in a busy salon, and I'm 7 weeks pregnant. Is this okay to work?
I have no experience in these areas, as I am only seventeen. But, my hairdresser worked up until she was seven or eight months pregnant. She only took time off because standing up with a big pregnant belly took it's toll on her. After awhile, you may want to try to not color hair, but as long as your body can handle it, you're fine. It also wouldn't hurt to see what your doctor says.
7 weeks is ok


it gets tougher to move around when its month 6 or 7


so you should huddle up some money


hair dressing isnt really the ';moving around'; type of job


your mostly standing


but standing will get diffcult when its month 6 1/2


so you should talk to your boss when its month 5, to have plenty of time to get everything ready


(like vacation time, a subsitute for you, a way to get money ...)
I am a hairdresser, and my friend who is another hairdresser was pregnant twice since we have been working together. She would refuse perms, and always use gloves when doing any chemical services. She only worked 2 days a week, and she worked till she had the babies. Just do not touch any of the chemicals! Especially perms and relaxers!!! Best of luck to you!
no.
I'd say ask your doctor thats gonna be your best bet... Honesty!!

No comments:

Post a Comment