Thursday, January 21, 2010

How do you give tips to your hair stylist?

Hi. I'm not used to the tipping system in the US. I want to get a haircut in a salon, how much should I give to my hair stylist? And when is the perfect timing to do that? Do I give the tip directly to the stylist or pay it at the cashier? Do I also have to give tip to the shampoo person? I don't have a clue. Please help....How do you give tips to your hair stylist?
generally, the hairdresser should get tipped 10-15% (but it can go up to 20%, as with waiters), the person who shampooes your hair should get a couple dollars, and you should divide 10% by anyone else who worked on your hair.How do you give tips to your hair stylist?
It's really pretty simple.


Generally, I tip my hair stylist $5 for a cut or style. A few dollars extra if there is highlights or dying done.


If you are paying with a check, write the amount for that much over at the register and let the cashier know that the extra amount goes to your stylist.


If paying in cash, just give the tip to your stylist (folded over) as you are leaving and say thank you.
  • blushed
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment