Saturday, January 23, 2010

How much of a tip should i be paying my hair stylist?

I usually pay around $35-$40. and she does an AMAZING job. ive been giving $10. is that too much, too little or just right?





how much tip should i give?How much of a tip should i be paying my hair stylist?
I would say $10 is great, really. Especially the way the economy is right now and given the fact that her rate is $35-40.... $10 tip is great.How much of a tip should i be paying my hair stylist?
There is no ';should'; about a ';tip'; or ';gratuity'; - which means ';gratis'; or ';free';. In short, you do NOT owe anyone a ';tip';. It is something extra that you choose voluntarily to give (or not to give) to them. So, you do NOT have to give any tip at all, anywhere.





Whether you tip at all and (when you decide a tip is appropriate) how much you tip is totally up to you.





If a waiter/waitress in an expensive restaurant does a lousy job, I will give NO tip at all - and I will tell them why! If an average job, about 10-15%. If a superb job, about 25%. But that is MY decision - I tip what I can afford.


======================================鈥?br>

Side note: Many places (e.g., Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts coffee counters) have a ';tip jar';. Are they kidding???? For doing what what? Filling a paper cup with coffee, into which YOU then put in cream, milk, sugar, or whatever. I NEVER tip unless I have been seated and the other person (waiter, barber, bartender, etc.) has provided service BEYOND the minimal amount to do their job. But NOT to simply pay for my bag of take-out food at a pizza shoop or Chinese restaurant!!! Never!









hmm to me sounds like you're a very GOOD tipper. what i give depends on what services i receive. just a cut less than perm or colouring. for $35-$40 i would say $5 tip would be sufficent. but, i may be cheap? lol if she does an amazing job and thats what you have been giving her all along then i would stick to the $10 tip.
if she's the salon owner, you generally don't have to tip at all. that's an OLD rule. it seems to me though, that for any hair stylist, especially one you're happy with, $10 seems perfectly acceptable. maybe even a bonus during the holidays.
15% to 20% is standard, if she does a great job i would go with 20%. about $8 is right so you are actually giving a little more, that is ok because you have a good relationship with your stylist.
I've been wondering about this myself. I think 20% is reasonable, but if you're really happy with her and giving her $10 doesn't break the bank, then I don't think there's anything inappropriate about it.
I think ten dollars is just great-Maybe even too much. It just depends on how much money you have and what you think it's worth. I usually give mine anywhere between five and seven dollars...
That seems like a lot, however if you really the way she does your hair and you can afford it, go with it.
it depends on where you live and the cost of living even in this economy. I would say your tip is good its a little more than 20 %so that is good
What!??!?! You tip a hairstylest!??! haha, i swear everyone think's they deserve a tip now a days!..haha..but if you feel he/she does a great job then give them as much as you want :)
I usually pay 15% - 20% from my bill.
That's a nice tip.
If you love her.........20% is always good.





You're a GOOD customer. :)
TO LITTLE if she did a good job, $15
That's a really good price. Especially if she does a good job :) I leave about that much for mine.
i give mine a $5 on top of the $20 cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment