Thursday, January 21, 2010

How much do I tip a hair stylist for $1100 extensions?

The whole process will take about 6+ HOURS of the stylist's time. Long time, I know. So, should I tip $200 on a $1100 process? He is not my normal stylist, but is very good at what he does.How much do I tip a hair stylist for $1100 extensions?
WOW that is a lot for extensions that are just going to have to be redone in a few months or sooner. I think $200 may be a little much since he will be already making some money off the $1100 you are already paying for the process. That $1100 doesn't just pay for the supplies, the salon takes a cut from that as well as the stylist. The tip is just a bonus. I would say tip $10-15 per hour.How much do I tip a hair stylist for $1100 extensions?
Usually it's 15 percent of the total cost. If you want to give him an extra money because he's very friendly and/or he did a very good job, then that's good too. I usually just give the stylist 40 dollars for a 30 dollar trim and let her keep the change, but then again $1100 is a lot of money. Carry about 15 percent in your purse, and maybe an extra 50 in case. If, of course, he's not friendly or he makes a mistake, then cut it down a little. It's really how you feel he did.
You shouldn't tip him a thing!! He's already over charging you. I don't care how ';good'; he may be or how ';bald'; you may be. No extensions should have that high of a price. That is just ridiculous. I honestly think that you should not tip him. Its not like he will need it... And to think about it, It shouldn't take that long either. This whole thing sounds little fishy. I think you should find something a bit more reasonable. You'll still be pretty!! Good Luck!!
OMG?? $1,100.00? I live in Canada I have very thin hair so I get human hair the whole process takes me 3 hours and I pay $650.00! I wouldn't tip that much! But its my stylists Salon so the money is all hers the hair in fact is cheaper to buy! Its the labour people pay for. Thats funny! for a 3-6 month job? Well its your hair? Pay away ~

No comments:

Post a Comment