Saturday, January 23, 2010

How much am I supposed to tip my hair stylist?

I've never actually known, and I just found this new place to go, and they seem -really- professional and they're kind of expensive.. so, I don't really want to offend him or her by not tipping them the correct amount.How much am I supposed to tip my hair stylist?
You can tip up to 20% of the price of the service. It really depends on the results and how satisfied you are with the service. Just ask yourself some questions about the experience; did they meet your needs or exceed your expectations, did they spend enough time on you, did they give you a consultation to find out what your needs really are, did they rebook your next appointment and finally did they recommend products to maintain the style at home? If you can answer yes to all of these questions you found yourself a new hairdresser and you should tip them 20% if you can afford it. If not keep looking you will find the right one to fill all your hair needs, there's plenty of us out there.


MartinHow much am I supposed to tip my hair stylist?
i would say about 5-10 dollars.

Report Abuse



20%

Report Abuse



These days i choose to go to have just regular cut to those place where tips are not being expected..just plain simple haircut..i would do my own shampoo at home.i don't need someone to wash my hair and i am not willing to give any money to anyone as a tip.period.

Report Abuse



It only cost about 18 dollars for me to get a hair cut, so I end up giving her an even 20, giving her a 2 dollar tip.

Report Abuse



http://www.dylanblake13.blogspot.com/

Report Abuse



20%

Report Abuse



R U aware that one is not expected to tip salon owner if he/she is the stylist. Their fee is usually higher than other stylists-check pricing. With the cost of hair cuts anywhere from $40 -$150 in my area, I rarely tip 20%. I am not a cheap either. It becomes too costly. I decide by service fee.

Report Abuse



I don't think there is a specific amount, its entirely up to you,


I always tip around a £1.00 or the most was £3.00 but that was because i was very happy with the style.


I think they are grateful of a tip no matter how big or small but i say generally between £1 - £2


If you want to tip the stylist and the lady who washes your hair just give them a £1 each.


But I don't think you should go mad and tip them lots.





Hope it all works out well for you...


:-D
there is not a certain amount u should tip, if your happy tip just how much you think is approriate for the work and technicality of the wrok done xx
I usually tip my hairstylist 15% of the price. So, if my haircut was 60 i'd tip her 9 dollars.

No comments:

Post a Comment